Stress comes in all forms. These resources will help deal with some of the other issues that may be affecting producers and causing stress.
If you are a producer in crisis, or know someone in need of immediate assistance, contact 988 or 911.
- Wyoming Agricultural and Natural Resource Mediation Program - The Wyoming Agriculture and Natural Resources Mediation program can help resolve a variety of conflicts from ag credit issues, to disagreements with neighbors, grazing permit disputes, ag family transition discussions, and more.
- Wyoming Farm Services Agency - Contact your local Farm Service Agency for information about low-interest loans available through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Farm Crisis Center - A list of resources including the Farm Aid Hotline, National Suicide Lifeline, a directory for local resources on a variety of issues, links to mediation resources from USDA, national disaster resources, a drought monitor, and links to USDA disaster assistance programs.
- Facing Farm Financial Stress - A resource from Ohio State University that gives information to producers who are dealing with financial challenges and considering bankruptcy.
- TransFARMation Radio and Podcast - Click here to listen to producers and others involved in agriculture talk about coping with stress as well as the the issues and situations they've faced and overcome.
- Wyoming 2-1-1 - Wyoming 211 is a comprehensive, statewide provider of information and referrals for Wyoming by connecting callers to appropriate services meant to improve health and welfare of people in Wyoming.
- Financial counseling services - UW Extension and the Mediation Program are partnering to provide financial counseling assistance for agricultural producers. Contact the Mediation Pogram for more information.
- Farmers' Legal Action Group (FLAG) - FLAG is a nonprofit law center dedicated to providing legal services and support to family farmers and their communities in order to help keep family farmers on the land.
- USDA Opioid Abuse - U.S. Department of Agriculture’s effort on opioid misuse in rural America which provides national and state resources, funding, and project links.
- Farm Town Strong - FarmTownStrong is a partnership between the American Farm Bureau Federation and the National Farmers Union to combat the opioid epidemic by providing links to hotlines, getting treatment, prevention, and proper disposal of drugs in an effort to provide resources and support to farm and ranch families.
- Wyoming Substance Abuse and Mental Health Ombudsman - Free help navigating resources in Wyoming or help in advocating - (307) 638-5519 or toll free: (888) 857-1942
- Problem Gambling - Resources from the Wyoming Department of Health that focus on symptoms, types, and links to a national hotline, gambling counselors, screening tools, gamblers anonymous, and more.
- Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault - Various resources surrounding domestic violence and sexual assault for the people of Wyoming.